Lately I've been seeing grunge clothing in stores everywhere: acid wash jeans, plaid flannel shirts, vintage denim- you name it, they have it! But this has me at a dilemma. Part of me is glad that you can find this stuff easily in stores now and part of me isn't quite so happy about it, mostly because mixing in grunge with my outfits was something I felt was my style, and seeing everyone wearing what once I thought was original just makes me go 'eughjkldlejkhgd'.
I suppose that I can't change what's in and out of fashion, but I what I did do was create a little online mood board for you all (and for myself okay), I hope it inspires you in some way!If you can't beat them, join them!
Anyway, the mood board should give you an instant feel of what the look is like, but if you really want to know what it's all about, I'd give a listen to this. It's more than a trend, it's a music genre and for some people, it's an entire style. As for getting the look, think spikes, plaid, vintage denim, non-conformity and in general, just a feeling of I-just-threw-this-on-ness. Chunky boots also allowed.
~abigail x
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love getting comments from you, I read and appreciate them all!